WordPress powers 39.5% of the world’s websites. As a leader in digital experiences, WordPress currently runs some of the most prominent websites like Sony, Microsoft, TechCrunch, and more.
Enterprise businesses require a scalable, credible, and reliable website to earn top domain authority and stay competitive.
While many organizations have turned to expensive solutions that often run up the budget and offer limited support, better options exist, like WordPress.
What started as a blogging platform ten years ago, WordPress is now the most popular content management system globally. With over 30 million enterprise WordPress websites live, the platform has grown to 65.2% CMS market share and continues to evolve year over year.
So, what makes WordPress suitable for enterprise businesses? There are many benefits – but at the top is how it can contribute to your SEO strategy to build trustworthiness and credibility in search results.
Let’s dig into all the top reasons WordPress is right for your enterprise and the tips you need to know to get started.
Is WordPress Good For Enterprises?
Since WordPress is open source software, your business has access to endless designers, developers, and specialized agencies, on top of a massive community that is all willing to collaborate and troubleshoot.
With millions of WordPress websites live, the user community allows you to leverage best practices and implement them within your own system – instead of relying on inconsistent customer service or a limited FAQ page from closed-off systems.
Here are a few reasons why WordPress is great for enterprises:
- Ongoing support as opposed to proprietary systems that provide more flexibility and customization.
- Robust content editing experience with WordPress Gutenberg and accessibility standards.
- High-level security that keeps you protected against cyberattacks.
- Scalable infrastructure with consistent themes and plugins to help reach your goals.
- Huge costs savings by not having to pay hefty licensing costs compared to competitors like Adobe, Magento, and HubSpot.
WordPress is designed to stay and support enterprises.
Developers have downloaded over 81 million versions of WordPress. They have also created over 59,000 plugins and 9,000 themes. This is a testament to the core WordPress development team’s ability to improve the platform and meet modern business needs.
WordPress Benefits For Your Enterprise SEO Strategy
SEO is an essential part of your business’s digital strategy. To drive qualified website traffic, you need to ensure your content management system can handle the visibility and searchability you need to scale.
Luckily for you, WordPress SEO is well-optimized to help you increase user engagement and boost rankings in SERPs.
Not only does it include several built-in features that help you better optimize your site, but there are several plugins to establish authority much easier.
Check out these nine WordPress SEO highlights:
- Permalinks: Customize your permalinks with targeted keywords to increase your CTR rate.
- Metadata: Automatically add title and meta description to every post or page on your website to improve your position.
- Images: Optimize your images by using keywords in the ALT text and improve your page speed by editing the size – not to mention 20% of all U.S. web searches happen on Google Images!
- User experience: Develop a well-designed site that enhances the user experience to increase pageviews, conversions, and session times.
- Site speed: Select the right themes and plugins that help you maintain a fast-loading time.
- Mobile-friendly: Use a mobile responsive theme to ensure it’s the same quality as the desktop version for a better user experience.
- Social media: Increase your brand visibility by including social media share and follow buttons on your website.
- Integration: Seamlessly integrate your WordPress site with other software like G Suite, Google Analytics, ConvertKit, and more.
When it comes to SEO, WordPress has all the tools you need to optimize your enterprise website with reliability and scalability.
Top 7 WordPress Plugins And Tools To Help You Become An SEO Rockstar
With 75% of people never going beyond the first Google search page, having an optimized site is an absolute must.
What’s the most significant way WordPress boosts your SEO rankings? Plugins.
WordPress plugins and tools optimize your site to boost SEO efforts and improve site security, performance, and speed.